Coupons for ChristmasNovember 13, 2017
Use coupons to get your share of the holiday sales. We provide a brief overview how holiday shoppers use different channels while they shop so you know where to put your coupons and offer 3 creative tips for creating your coupon offers.
The average holiday shopper researched gift ideas online but went to stores to buy the gifts.
• 56% of shoppers looked for products before visiting stores
• 55% of customers saw a product in store and buy it online later
75% of 18-34 year-olds showroomed while holiday shopping
68% of 35-54 year-olds showroomed while holiday shopping
• 60% used a mobile device in-store while shopping
Devices were used to compare prices, read product reviews & check item availability
• 69% of 2016 holiday shoppers used a click-and-collect model to select gifts online and pick up in-store
• 90% of holiday shoppers made an in-store purchase
• top 3 reasons for buying in-store:
1. 33% physical interactions
2. 26% browsing
3. 24% immediate product availability
Leverage coupons in your multichannel holiday marketing and advertising efforts to encourage purchases. Here are 3 tips for offering holiday coupons:
• Incorporate coupons on your branded wish or shopping list
63% of holiday shoppers want to utilize a retailer wish list.
Fewer than 20% of holiday purchases last year were unplanned.
Whether it’s on your gift suggestion list or your list-building tool, add coupons to reward your customers for using your list. Be sure to tell customers on your Social Media and email channels.
• Make coupons reusable
The average holiday shopper made 6.3 of shopping trips in 2016. Give them a deal to draw them back to your store.
• Use a coupon to give away gift cards with purchase
61% of consumers want gift cards (they were top-requested gift in 2016)
58% of holiday shoppers spent $140 on non-gift purchases in 2016